KOH SAMUI, Thailand (August 5, 2021) – As Thailand’s Koh Samui island opens to international tourists, Meliá Koh Samui has launched a package anchored by a stay in a meticulously refurbished merchant vessel.
Overlooking secluded Choeng Mon Beach on the north-eastern tip of Koh Samui island in the Gulf of Thailand, the resort’s “Island Indulgence” offer comprises a minimum of seven nights in a Premium Room or Boat Suite.
The package is priced from THB 22,222 (USD 676) nett for a Premium Room and THB 25,555 (USD 777) nett for a Boat Suite for direct bookings until March 24, 2022 for stays until March 31, 2022, and includes:
- Daily breakfast for two
- A cocktail each for two per stay
- 20% discount on food and non-alcoholic beverages
- 50% discount on spa treatments at YHI Spa
- Round trip airport transfers
- Round trip hospital transfers for international travelers who require a third RT-PCR Test
- Two pieces of laundry per person per day
The Premium Rooms feature a separate bathtub and shower, with a large private balcony overlooking a 700-metre-long lagoon pool that meanders through the resort’s grounds like a river. The elegant two-story Boat Suites are made from refurbished teak wood merchant vessels that are more than 100 years old and once plied the Gulf of Thailand’s waters.
For reservations, contact email@example.com or call +66 (0) 77 938 899.
Island Indulgence requires a minimum stay of seven consecutive nights and is valid for bookings from now until March 24, 2022 for stays from now until March 31, 2022. The package is priced at THB 22,222 (USD 676) nett for a Premium Room, and THB 25,555 (USD 777) nett for a Boat Suite for seven nights; room rates are inclusive of seven percent VAT, 10 percent services charge and one percent provincial tax. Room rates extended on a pro-rata basis for additional nights. Full prepayment is required at the time of booking. The offer is non-refundable and two free amendments per booking are permitted.
Requirements for entry to Koh Samui:
- Proof international traveler has spent previous 21 days in low- or medium-risk country
- Proof international traveler has been fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- A negative RT-PCR test result issued within 72 hours before departure
- COVID-19 health insurance with minimum coverage of USD 100,000
- Confirmation of booking at a Samui Extra+ hotel (seven nights) extended to a SHA+ certified hotel from the eighth night
- A Certificate of Entry (COE) from Thai Embassy or Consulate
- Download and activate the application specified for Koh Samui upon arrival
- RT-PCR test on arrival
Meliá Koh Samui, a certified SHA+ hotel, is able to accept reservations for international travelers who spend at least seven days in Phuket or a Samui Extra+ hotel with a negative result on their second RT-PCR test.
Travelers are required to follow the COVID-19 “DMHTTA” precautions that include distancing, mask-wearing, hand-washing, temperature testing, Covid-19 testing, and installation of the mobile application specified for Koh Samui.
Information is based on the latest updates from the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) and is subject to change. For more information, please visit www.tatnews.org.